Online Workshop at Brigidine College
As schools across Australia closed due to Coronavirus the Academy had to adapt just as other businesses and educational programs. The online workshop with Brigidine College was one of our first programs delivered virtually. The girls identified a lot of challenges caused by Coronavirus including:
- Worrying about friends and family
- Panic buying
- Difficulties engaging with online learning
Students came up with some incredible ideas to address these issues including:
- A watch that shares information about health/safety and quizzes you about the Coronavirus.
- Birthday hampers for isolation parties.
- A desk ergonomics app.
- A smart mask that tells you whether you need to wear a mask based on pollution and crowd sizes.
- A campaign encouraging fitness and peer motivation.
The girls got creative and used the materials they had at home to prototype their ideas including creating sample hampers, drawing wireframes for apps, and creating watches out of paper!
Organise a workshop at your school by heading to our educator's page.
This article is just a teaser of the great things you can learn by enrolling in our free online Academy Campus. Get started on creating your very own business idea and learn more about design thinking. Not to mention, you can learn from some pretty great Girl Founders, along the way.
It's never been easier to enrol in the Academy for Enterprising Girls eLearning Campus and get started in creating your very own business.
Start by heading over to Academy Campus .Discover More!