Free Enterprising Girls Virtual Holiday Workshops - September/October
Virtual School Holidays - Spring
Call out for girls who want to make a positive change in the world through business! These school holidays, the Academy for Enterprising Girls, in collaboration with Young Change Agents is offering 120 girls aged 10-18 the opportunity to be part of a special Youth Think Tank. We want your voice and your ideas to help solve some important problems!
About the workshops
The Academy for Enterprising Girls is a free innovative entrepreneurship program, co-funded by the Australian Government, designed to cultivate young women’s skills in design thinking, technology and business skills. We’ve partnered up with Young Change Agents to bring our exciting Enterprising Girls workshops right to your home these school holidays. All you’ll need is a device, a good internet connection and excitement to create new things.
By securing your exclusive spot in our free virtual holiday program you’ll be a bonafide Enterprising Girl. In just one day you will create a plan to design your first social enterprise.
Places are extremely limited so enrol today.
Workshop Dates & Challenges
Each virtual workshop will examine a different community challenge. Enrol in the one that suits you.
Workshop #1: Future of the World
- Date: Wednesday, 30 September 2020,
- Theme: Future of the World, how might we encourage people to produce and consume resources more responsibly? This is your chance to reduce our environmental impact. You can explore food waste, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, using our water resources better, and increasing the use of renewable energy.
Workshop #2: Future of Fashion
- Date: Thursday, 1st October, 2020
- Theme: Future of Fashion, how might innovate the fashion industry to transform the way we create, purchase and use fashion? This is your chance to explore clothing manufacturing, ethical supply chains and wearable technology.
Workshop #3: Future of Food
- Date: Tuesday, 6th October, 2020
- Theme: Future of Food, how might we innovate the food we consume? This is your chance to explore food sustainability and convenience and identify ways we can improve nutrition across the world. You can think about more sustainable farming practices, changing consumer preferences for what we eat, and changing behaviour about how we eat.
- 9 AM - 11 AM: Session 1
- 11 AM - 11:20 AM: Morning Tea Break
- 11:20 AM - 1PM: Session 2
- 1:00 - 1:30 PM: Lunch
- 1:30 - 3:00 PM: Afternoon Session
Free Online Enterprising Girls Academy Campus
If you are unable to attend a free virtual workshop, then never fear. Simply enrol into our free self-paced online campus. You can do a module a day over the holidays, and still make a positive change in this world through business.
If you would like to also add your name to the virtual holiday workshop waitlist, we can update you about extra spots and future workshop programs. We will notify you should also places become available.
The Academy for Enterprising Girls is a FREE, fun online program specifically designed to help prepare your daughter and other girls aged 10 to 18 years for the 21st-century workforce.
This is a robust learning experience that has been co-designed with experts and students to meet the needs of Australian girls and our local industries.
It aims to ensure young women are equipped for jobs of the future, in non-traditional growth industries such as technology and engineering, where there are increasing opportunities but unfortunately where women are greatly under-represented.Discover More!