This competition is a ‘game of skill’ and to be eligible to win the Prize, you (Entrant) must acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions.
There are some legal rules below to keep this competition fair, but in short, the creative ideas are tops and will score some great prizes for your winning entry
“Enterprising Girls Challenge Competition”
Enterprising Girls Secretariat, Level 1, 45 Novar Street, Yarralumla, 2600
Open Date: 9:00am (AEDT) September 14, 2020.
Close Date: 5:00pm (AEDT) December 14, 2020.
Entry Restrictions & Procedure
There are 5 different Challenges that students to can enter. Entrants must:
- Choose 1 challenge and complete all the step-by-step instructions specified in that challenge.
CHALLENGE 1: Enterprising App Girl Challenge criteria
- Your problem: What problem are you trying to solve?
- About your app: What does your app do? Who will it help? How will it help them? When will they use it? Why would using your app help?
- Show your best feature: Sketch out your app’s best feature. You can design it in Canva or do a simple sketch on a piece of paper.
- Give your idea a name & a logo: What will you call your idea, and what would your logo be in the app store?
CHALLENGE 2: Enterprising Design Girl Challenge Criteria
- What behaviour are you trying to encourage? Decide what action you are encouraging people to take (eg. wash hands, stay home, stay connected online?)
- Who is the poster for? Is it for kids, parents, grown-ups or a cultural group? Where might you display it?
- What should your poster say? Add a clear message about what action you would like people take.
- Get creative! Draw or design your poster picture.
CHALLENGE 3: Enterprising Community Girl Challenge Criteria
- Pick your community and create a map – It might be your school, your neighbourhood or your whole town. You can sketch out your own map, or use a picture from Google Maps.
- Eye spy your problems – marking out each problem you find, you might draw them, or mark them with an icon and a description.
- Choose the problem you’d like to fix most– Tell us why this problem needs an enterprising solution.
CHALLENGE 4: Enterprising Pitch Girl Challenge Criteria
- Pick a local business or organisation you would like to create an elevator pitch for.
- Brainstorm your tag line and 2-3 good reasons why your business is awesome and needs support.
- Record a video of you speaking your elevator pitch, and send us a link. You can use social media like TikTok, Instagram or YouTube if you have permission from your parents
CHALLENGE 5: Enterprising Inspire Girl Challenge Criteria
- Choose a Girl Founder that inspires you. You can research some on our website, or branch out and pick your own.
- Create! Tell us about why she inspires you in any way you like! Design a poster, create a story, write a letter to your hero, or produce a video blog.
- Have sought parental permission to enter the competition if under the age of 18. Minimum age of 10 to enter.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries, however, each entry will be required to be unique in its content to qualify.
- All entries will be evaluated by the Enterprising Girls judging panel.
- There will be 1 grand final winner per challenge. Total 5 winners.
- There will be 6 minor winners per challenge. Total 30 minor winners.
- The winning entries, judged to be:
- Entries will be judged on originality, clarity of idea, and interpretation of the challenge theme.
- Well composed for the student’s indicated school year.
Location of Judging
The entries will be judged at Enterprising Girls Secretariat, 89 Degrees East, Canberra at
Level 1, 45 Novar Street
Timing of Judging
Grand final entries will be judged between 9 am and 5:00 pm on December 15, 2020.
Monthly entries will be judged between 9 am and 5:00 pm on
- Month #1: October 2, 2020.
- Month #2: November 13, 2020.
- Month #3: December 4, 2020.
Academy for Enterprising Girls.
Total Prize Pool is valued at $9,600.
GRAND FINAL PRIZE:
Ultimate Enterprising Girls Kickstarter Pack ( 5 to be won, 1 per challenge). Each Prize pack valued at $1, 320 and includes:
- 1 x CEO Mentoring session with a female founder to get feedback and advice on your awesome ideas – valued at $700
- 1 x Business Branding Session with a designer on how to build your business brand – valued at $300
- 1 x $75 Typo voucher to set up your home office in style
- 1 x $75 Dymocks voucher to fuel your inspiration
- 1 x $100 Jb Hi voucher to help with your tech set up
- 1 x Enterprising Girls T-shirt valued at $35
- 1 x Enterprising Girls Tote Bag valued at $35
- 1 x Enterprising Grand Finalist Award
(2 prize packs will be awarded for each challenge, each month for 3 months. A total of 30 monthly prizes to be awarded)
Each prize pack is valued at $100 and includes:
- 1 x $100 Sportsgirl vouchers
- 1 x Enterprising Challenger Award
The Prizes are not transferable, non-refundable and are not redeemable for cash and cannot be substituted for another prize.
Notification of Winners
The Prize winners will be notified by email. Entrants must provide a valid email address to be able to redeem their prize.
- If an Entrant is deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the Entrant may not participate further in the Promotion.
- All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value.
- If a winner fails to collect their Prize within 1 month or provides the incorrect postage address, the Winner forfeits any rights to the Prize and the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, conduct a re-draw for the Prize.
- By joining the Academy for Enterprising Girls an Entrant agrees to receive promotional material related to the Enterprising Girls program and related topics. Entrants will be able to unsubscribe at any point.
- Entrants who opt-in to receive additional communications from Rebel Girls acknowledge that their first name and email address will be provided to Rebel Girls.
- Individual ideas may be promoted on social media, but will not identify the personal data of entrants unless permission is granted to do so.